£140,000 - £200,0000 Base Salary - Depending on suitability of experience
21 days ago
The Green Recruitment Company are delighted to have exclusively partnered, with a new joint-venture, focused on acquiring, developing & operating energy storage assets, across the UK.
The business have already secured, one of the largest energy storage sites, in the world, plus have an impressive pipeline of storage capacity & projects, targeting a portfolio, in excess of 1.5GW in the UK, by 2027.
As momentum continues with this new & exciting, joint-venture - the shareholders feel it’s paramount to elect & secure, a new Commercial Director or Managing Director – (depending on an individual’s level of experience), to drive the organisation & development activities forward.
Brief overview of responsibilities.
- Design, implement & oversee overall unit strategy
- Manage a talented & multi-faceted team of developers, project management & finance professionals.
- Drive entrepreneurial, professional and honest corporate culture and values
- Lead origination of asset acquisitions & other growth activities, relating to UK Energy Storage Sector
- Lead due diligence, feasibility, analysis of potential sites and transaction execution
- Contract negotiation & relationship management, across the full route-to-market, landscape.
- Approve business plans & budgets, tax & financial planning
- Implement best practices across all functions
- Originate and lead debt and equity funding negotiations (where required)
Skills & Experience;
- Significant experience in and understanding of the UK renewable energy and BESS market
- Strong track record and experience in working with DNOs, TSO, national grid and related service providers
- Experience in working with EPC contractors and related service providers within the renewable energy / storage industry
- Experience in working with Route to Market providers and asset managing the revenue stack.
- Proven experience and track record in negotiating and leading negotiations on debt and equity.
- Proven experience in managing people and teams, holding previous senior roles within companies in the renewable energy sector.
- A pro-active approach with the ability to take a strategic overview as well as working in a hands-on fashion.
- Solution driven mentality.
- Attention to detail, monitoring all aspects of a project’s progress against targets and producing comprehensive reports.
- A strong sense of tact and diplomacy to deal effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.