Flexible Depending on Experience
10 months ago
The Green Recruitment Company are working with a multi-national Energy Tech Company who are looking to recruit a Machine Learning Engineer to help change the world of energy.
An award-winning energy tech company; this client sets out to connect customers to trading and data centres in order to revolutionise the UK energy market. This is made possible by collaborations and investments from some of the largest energy companies in the world.
You will be responsible for working on exisiting data platforms for energy forecasting and machine learning. The primary focus being to improve ML data architecture and processing of.
Support Data Science through advanded ML;
improving efficiency of data architecture for forecasting, ML and real time analytics.
contribute to forecasting and optimisation algorithms
- Evolve the ML strategy
- Explore new machine learning methods, processes, and techniques.
Build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders
- Significant experience in applying advanced analytics and data science.
- Preferable experience with short time horizons (days) e.g. energy, tech, finance.
- Knowledge of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) big data ecosystem.
- Ability with Data Engineering tools (eg. Apache Spark and Airflow)
- Ability to work with large volumes of data (preferably processing live data streams).
- Excellent understanding and experience of data science, machine learning frameworks (preferably in Python).
- Data augmentation for machine learning, including "on-the-fly" augmentation (desirable).
- Quick understanding of complex problems.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Innovative mindset.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor education, or similar, in;
- AI, Machine Leaning, Data Science or Quantitative subjects (Mathematics, Physics, Economics etc.). Post-grad desirable.
Applicants must have right to work in the UK without a work permit.