7 months ago
Investment Analyst / Associate - Infrastructure Fund - Renewable Energy & Data Center
We are delighted to be working with a leading infrastructure fund, who finance, develop, own and operate utility scale infrastructure, power and renewable energy projects.
The fund has an impressive track record in data center development and now have a huge renewable energy project pipeline to develop and execute. As a result of significant funding from their JV partners, the team now need to hire multiple Associates (specialising in investment and power marketing / analysis).
The ideal candidate will have 1-3+ years’ experience working in renewable energy or infra investment (PF, M&A Etc.) or in a power marketing / origination function. This is a brilliant opportunity to join a growing player in the sector with ample room for development and progression.
Specifically, it will be your responsibility to:
- Build, maintain, and improve advanced financial models,
- Craft crisp conclusions from analysis and communicate them effectively to team leaders, customers, and investors,
- Create data‐driven marketing materials for customers to demonstrate the value of Birch’s energy supply and data center‐siting solutions,
- Prepare investment memoranda and presentations for team leaders,
- Collaborate across the team to generate ideas, analyses, and research in support of new business generation,
- Continually build Birch’s knowledge base and capabilities within the industry by monitoring customers, industries, and
- regulators for news that may impact portfolio and business needs, and
- Support the team in maintaining and administering our proprietary databases.
You will support all activities related to the full lifecycle of each data center and renewable energy development. This includes:
- Customer origination and marketing,
- New project acquisition,
- Site prospecting and development,
- Renewable energy project production optimization and design,
- Utility‐scale infrastructure construction,
- Electricity market analysis,
- Renewable energy credit and other energy market commodity trading and analysis, and
- Project financing to support construction and operations of the projects including tax equity and debt.
- Exposure to renewable energy and/or data center development,
- Experience building financial models for renewable energy or real estate development projects,
- Experience communicating the outputs of quantitative analysis in a crisp, cogent manner to drive decisions,
- Experience in energy commodity trading or renewable energy project finance,
- Experience with advanced software tools including PlantPredict, PSSE, PowerWorld, Tableau, R, Python, SQL, MATLAB, or GIS, and
- Strong interest in using renewable energy and infrastructure development to make a positive impact on climate change.