Competitive Salary (DOE)
9 days ago
Innovation Project Manager
Joining the business at a pivotal time in the company’s history, my client is seeking a talented and ambitious candidate to help them deliver collaborative R&D projects. You will have a strong grasp of project management and a good technical understanding of solar PV and utility scale solar plants. Reporting to the CEO, you will work closely with the operations and software teams, the customers as well as the international academic and industrial partners.
- Project management of our multiple collaborative R&D projects – includes all aspects of
- project governance and reporting to external funding bodies.
- Secure project funding by building relationships with key academic and research
- Seek ideas to evaluate and take forward as future innovation projects, potentially in
- conjunction with clients
- Proactively use our data to engage with clients to secure consultancy engagements which
- produce measurable benefit for the client from using our solutions
Required skills and experience:
- Relevant management experience in a similar field.
- Proven experience in project management
- Ability to produce persuasive and fully costed project or consulting proposals.
- Excellent communicator in front of customers or partner organisations
- Engineering or computer science degree or equivalent.
- Strong ability to work and thrive in a live, high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional ability to resolve issues quickly and effectively.
- Positive, can-do attitude.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Formal project management qualification (e.g. PRINCE2 or APM)
- A technical role within the utility scale solar industry
- Working within a grant funded project environment.
- Computer programming.