Location: Mojave, CA (on-site)
TGRC is excited to be partnering with a leading renewable energy developer that operates over 1.3 GW of wind, solar, and energy storage facilities to appoint a Health and Safety Coordinator in Mojave, CA. Led by an experienced executive management team averaging over 25 years of relevant industry experience, the team has contracted or re-contracted over 10,000 MW of power generation facilities and has developed or acquired over $25 billion in assets over their careers.
The Health and Safety Coordinator will be responsible for the administration and execution of the health and safety program at the company’s operations in Mojave, California which include Wind Energy, Photovoltaic Solar Energy and Energy Storage projects. This position will provide training and quality support to site personnel to achieve company goals and objectives in health and safety.
• Coordinate with all site management teams, as appropriate to accomplish site goals in the health and safety program framework.
• Coach all employees in working safely and within company policies and regulatory guidelines.
• Comply with government and industry safety standards by monitoring safety regulations and advising management as appropriate.
• Ensure quick and accurate response to accidents/injuries and assist HR with documentation as needed.
• Conduct incident / near miss root cause analysis and follow-up activities.
• Assist Operations with the formation and administration of qualification programs.
• Maintain the health and safety online training database.
• Maintain the health and safety training matrix.
• Work with the Health and Safety Training Coordinator in building the annual training program and preparing teaching plans.
• 3-5 years of safety compliance experience.
• Ability to evaluate risk and apply hazard control measures.
• Proven experience investigating injuries and developing RCA reports with sound corrective actions.
• Knowledge of electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical equipment, systems construction, capacity limitations, theories of operation and operating procedures.
• Knowledge of heavy equipment operation.
• Knowledge of electrical test equipment and troubleshooting.
• Familiarity with Wind or PV, Energy Storage facility operations.
• High School Diploma
• Valid Driver's License
• First Aid, CPR, AED Instructor
• Wind renewables experience
• Familiarity with TapRoot
• Certificate in Safety Management, ASP or CSP