3 months ago
An independent global engineering business, specialising in offering consulting engineering services for the renewable energy sector is looking for the Head of Owner’s Engineering - Australia .
The role would likely be based in Sydney/ Melbourne. You will be focused on growing the existing team and capabilities in the sector. Services including feasibility studies, conceptual design, tendering and construction and commissioning management.
- Manage the delivery of Owners Engineer projects in Australia and support the wider Asian Pacific region
- Advise on project execution globally.
- Project manage and project direct large and/or complex owner’s engineering assignments.
- Contribute to growth, taking on new responsibilities in markets or sectors and supporting the smooth running of the team.
- Collaborate with the wider teams across the Group, including technical head, country heads, and service leads.
- Play an active role in the development of the renewable energy business and teams in Australia.
- Developing in-house tools for delivering and managing work effectively
- Ability to offer definitive advice on project execution issues based on knowledge, experience and sound judgement.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering required, post graduate qualification in related subject advantageous.
- Strong experience in the design and construction of utility scale renewable energy assets with a minimum of 5 years and preferably 10 years’ career experience
- Experience in a senior Owners Engineering role at a consultancy preferred.
- Strong knowledge of at least one of: wind; solar; storage, and demonstrable knowledge of at least one other of these technologies
- On-site experience, previous work as a contractor desirable
- Chartered or Professional Engineer status, RPEQ preferable