Charlie Wilkes Green
2 months ago
Charlie Wilkes Green
Head of Onshore Wind – Commercial
The Head of Onshore Wind is responsible for the management of the P&L within the onshore wind business in the UK
My client is one of the UK’s leading renewable energy companies, specialising in wind, solar and energy storage projects. They develop, build, operate and maintain wind farms and other renewable technologies across the full project lifecycle. The UK portfolio consists of nearly 1,000 MW across 36 farms (some of which are offshore). My client are looking to develop more projects on top of this taking their portfolio to nearly 2.5 GW.
The Head of Onshore Wind is responsible for the management of the P&L within the onshore wind business in the UK:
- Establishing the strategy and budget for the entire development process of the onshore wind portfolio;
- Leading M&A and all investment decisions to bring projects into the pipeline + from consent to fid;
- Selecting projects in the pipeline and allocation of devex during development stages;
- Promotion of onshore wind and all routes to market to enhance portfolio value;
- Managing the value creation and project business cases throughout the development and construction phase of each project until hand-over to Asset Operations.
- Management of the team to ensure that all activities are appropriately resourced and managed effectively. Manage the well-being and development of team members. Actively recruit, coach and empower the team
- After the financial investment decision, oversee the value creation / business cases during the construction of each project until hand-over to Asset Operations.
- Control the development of the onshore wind team and member of my client’s Leadership team.
- Experience of leading a multi-disciplinary team with budget responsibility.
- Experience of having already been a member of an organisation’s leadership team.
- Experience of sponsoring multiple (preferably construction) projects through the development process to the financial investment decision, including de-risking of the project, project optimisation, supply chain tendering and development of the investment case.
- Experience of managing complex commercial discussions such as negotiations with third party developers and supply chain negotiations.
- Experience of managing discussions with potential Corporate PPA buyers would be beneficial.
- A strong understanding of the renewable energy UK regulatory environment and management experience of business development.
- Prior experience of multiple onshore wind development projects
Package – competitive