10 months ago
Role & Requirements:
Taking a lead on grant-funded activities. Both targeting new grant funding as well as managing existing grant funded projects.
You must be knowledgeable (or able to get very quickly up to speed) on smart energy and understand where the market is moving and what the newest opportunities will be.
You must be experienced at pursuing energy related grant funding and be experienced at putting together competitive pitches within tight timeframes.
The Grants Manager will work within the wider commercial team and in cooperation with Product Managers to assure strategic alignment to allow grant funded project to become commercially viable.
- Ensure projects are on time and on budget
- Work with Senior Management Team to ensure adequate support from all teams is provided
- Develop and run pipeline of R&D project inline with wider company
- Help identify commercially viable projects from grant funded projects
- Financial tracking and reporting
- Coordinating project deliverables
- Individual contribution to project deliverables
- Being a company representative at events
- Hosting project meetings
- Ensure a clear process is defined for resourcing the delivery work and for capturing personnel efforts in real time in alignment with current procedures established by the HR and Finance function
The ideal candidate will have experience obtaining grants from innovate UK, Energy Systems Catapult. national grid and other entities that fund the energy sector and managing grant-funded projects.
- Highly motivated individual
- Enthusiastic about green energy and technology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – able to confidently present sophisticated / technical concepts to a wide variety of stakeholders
- Strategic thinker, with operational delivery capability
- Strong relationship building skills, coupled with strong listening and communications skills
- Mature, entrepreneurial, self-motivated individual
- Team player, able to work both individually and on team projects
- Commercially aware