30 days ago
TGRC are working with a leading IPP with a portfolio across Europe and the USA. The company are searching for a Design and Engineering Director.
The D&E Director will be a key contributor to Development and EPC efforts in the US and other Markets. The D&E Director will be located in Mexico with oversight of international engineering teams located in the US, Mexico and Central Europe. This individual will be responsbile for the management and leadership of the Design & Engineering teams plus oversight and responsibility for end to end engineering and subcontractor management.
- Ensure that all engineering deliverables are compliant with applicable industry standards, utilities specifications, and customer requirements.
- Be responsible for timely completion of team deliverables via cross-functional coordination with Development and EPC teams.
- Attract and recruit new D&E employees and develop your team’s competencies and skillsets by defining and executing individual training plans.
- Manage outsourced engineering subcontractors and technical advisors.
- Lead analysis of innovative technology solutions and implementation timelines.
- Lead the Design & Engineering Division to optimize electrical designs, perform all electrical calculations, and submit completed engineering packages required to obtain interconnection approval for both medium and high voltage interconnected projects.
- Conduct design reviews and approve deliverables (studies, analyses, calculations, drawings, diagrams, bill of materials, etc.)
- Manage technical support to supply chain (RFQ, RFP, vendor submittal reviews)
- Prepare, submit and control the D&E budget.
- Electrical engineering degree plus 10 years of design and engineering experience in the solar industry; (Master’s degree and/or PE license in NC a plus)
- Expertise in electrical systems analyses and electric circuit calculations
- Knowledge with supervisory control and data collection (SCADA), grounding, relay and protection systems;
- High attention to detail; and,
- Shared passion of growing a US renewable energy legacy.