Competitive Salary (DOE)
3 months ago
The Green Recruitment Company are delighted to be supporting our client, a leading global energy consultancy and advisory business. They work with some of the biggest utility and energy developers in the world and have an extensive project pipeline.
They are looking for a highly qualified Energy Modelling Analyst to strengthen their Data & Model Analytics team. The position aims to generate analytics/insights through a range of energy modelling techniques - across a diverse project portfolio. The ideal candidate is organized and creative, with strong problem-solving abilities and would thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Support the development of forecast models for new reports, insight, and consultancy.
- Collaborate to create presenting material to communicate findings which highlight and promote insights
- Communicate modelling concepts and design with internal and external stakeholders across the business.
- Assist in establishing best modelling practices across the business and training others how to use models, with comprehensive documentation for all supported models.
- Constantly striving to improve the accuracy and analytics of existing data and models.
- Strong understanding of the power market and commodity price fundamentals, experience modelling power systems is advantageous
- 2+ years energy modelling experience (Plexos is desirable but not essential)
- Highly numerical with advanced Microsoft Excel and VBA skills (experience with programming languages such as SQL and Python is advantageous)
- Able to perform thorough analysis of complex data and experience presenting findings to stakeholders
- Excellent flexible working policy, with the option to work fully remote
- Competitive salary package
- Comprehensive professional development programme