Competitive Salary (DOE)
about 1 month ago
My client is a global, leading developer. They are a world leader in wind energy and are growing substantially.
They are currently looking for an Energy Analyst; the main purpose of this role is to provide high quality technical expert input. They are searching for an experienced wind analyst, with a strong knowledge and experience within resource assessment, energy assessment, yield assessment methodologies. The role mainly focuses on the Irish and UK market.
- Producing pre-construction quality energy analysis estimates, which includes data processing and quality checking, wind farm layout optimisation, wind flow and wake modelling, estimation of energy losses, uncertainty analysis and reporting results.
- Designing site-specific measurement campaigns for wind; this includes overseeing the data collection and reporting of site measurements data from the meteorological masts and LIDAR units.
- Liaising with consultants and contractors to ensure compliance with relevant HSSE policies and procedures.
- Developing tools and systems to perform analysis of wind data and operational performance data’ using these methods to improve asset performance and reporting.
- Communicating site-specific energy production and site condition risks to relevant project teams.
- Managing and reviewing third-party energy production and site condition reports.
- Performing technical due diligence for the potential acquisition of projects
- Liaising with wind turbine suppliers
- Conducting detailed reviews of the performance and pre-construction energy production and modelling
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- 3-5 years of practical experience in a pre-construction wind analysis assessment role ideal
- Experienced in using:
- Windographer, WAsP, WindPro and WindFarmer
- Meteodyn or other CFD wind flow models is an advantage
- PVsyst or other solar resource assessment software is an advantage
- GIS software applications
- Minimum 2:1 degree in Physics/ Atmospheric Science/ Mathematics or equivalent
- Highly analytical
- Experienced in data mining and programing languages such as VBA, Python or R is highly desirable.