6 months ago
Join a global integrated renewables developer that specialises in the development, financing, EPC, O&M as well as asset management of solar power plants. With European origins my client has a portfolio that surpasses 1GWp worldwide and conducts business with over 50 countries globally. With a focus on early-stage utility solar development; the business development manager will be responsible for permitting, landholder negotiation, grid connection as well as all other early-stage renewables development workstreams.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for key aspects of renewable project development (grid, land and planning)
- Build and maintain successful relationships with all relevant stakeholders (landowners, councils and regulatory bodies)
- Managing a project from inception to handover, ensuring that design is delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Undertake site surveys to establish local conditions which impact solar plant design, as well as researching local supply costs for inclusion in the project budget
- Work with the Design & Engineering Team to review all project documents and information provided by a Client/developer, and throughout the design process
- Preparation of Client, supplier and subcontractor contracts
The ideal candidate will have:
- Tertiary degree in environmental, engineering, or related field
- 3+ years’ experience working across the development of renewables projects (battery, wind, solar)
- Knowledge surrounding the process of acquiring environmental approvals for the development of utility solar projects
- Sound knowledge of the grid connection aspects of development, existing relationships with Ausgrid, Transgrid, NEM etc. desired
- Ability to build and maintain stakeholder relationships with all relevant entities (landholders, councils and regulatory bodies)
If this sounds like the role for you, please do not wait to apply.