DOE, Excellent salary & benefits package on offer
10 months ago
The Green Recruitment Company has been retained by a global investment bank in their search for a Division Director. This key hire will be responsible for the origination and execution of new opportunities in the energy, energy efficiency, renewables and utilities space. This pivotal role sits with the London Energy Investment team, within the Corporate & Asset Finance business.
This is a rare opportunity to join a growing energy infrastructure team as the strategy and origination lead. A senior energy investment professional with expert deal-sourcing expertise, currently working within a bank, fund or utility would be well suited.
The CAF Energy business is the UK's largest owner of smart gas and electricity meters. The company also have a growing portfolio of small-scale distributed power and energy efficiency assets in addition to a pipeline of equity investments in capital-intensive, disruptive businesses in the sector. With the large-scale roll-out of smart meters in the UK underway, the team are seeking to rapidly expand in to other asset classes within the sector in both the UK and Europe.
The ideal candidate will be focused on leading the origination and execution of new opportunities across both asset finance and equity investments and will report directly to the head of the business in London.
Key responsibilities in the role:
- Grow, source and originate the investment pipeline in the renewables, distributed energy and efficency sectors
- Analyse investment opportunities and provide relevant feedback
- Negotiate terms and contracts with sellers, suppliers, advisers and partners
- Coordinate transactions including commercial, legal and technical due diligence
You will be a high performing, energetic, entrepreneurial individual with a track record of successfully originating opportunities and growing successful businesses in the energy or renewables sector.
You will have a strong background in principal investment, private equity or corporate advisory, or experience in a business development or corporate finance role within the utility industry. With strong communication skills, you naturally thrive and enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Essential experience for the role:
- Experience leading/or senior level of an investment team in an infrastructure investor, PE house or utility with 10+ year's relevant experience
- In depth understanding of the UK energy & renewables sector including strong relationships with the sector.
- Knowledge of project development, construction and operations within UK renewables.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate an unrivalled network within the space and highlight deal-sourcing expertise. Someone who has procured a new technology focus (e.g storage, distributed energy etc.) and has executed/onboarded a significant number of assets as a result will be considered favourably.
Excellent salary and benefits package on offer. Please enquire for more details and full job description.