9 months ago
Director, Transactions Services | Renewable Energy | Project Development | Power Purchase Agreements | Power Origination
We are delighted to be retained by the leading provider of power purchase services, in their search for a new Director, Transactions.
This business are the industry experts for power purchase agreements across North America and Europe. They help both buyers and sellers of energy to find, and procure power, individual projects or even entire asset portfolios. Typical clients range from renewable energy developers, infrastructure funds, utilities and IPPs.
The Director, Transactions Services will be responsible for helping buyers secure the best renewable energy PPA transactions utilizing the Energy Marketplace, RFP Automation and related Platform services. With a number of direct reports the Director will also interact with professionals across the company to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the position and create, implement, and direct innovations in the transaction process.
Our client is seeking someone who knows the renewable energy industry and is eager to take initiative in a growing team and company to make a positive impact.
- Lead strategic clients to a successful renewable energy transaction. As the client’s primary point of contact, the Director is responsible for identifying key stakeholders, addressing client inquiries, delivering professional services, resolving issues and communicating with the client, and guiding client stakeholders through the renewable energy procurement process.
- The Director will be expected to manage multiple clients simultaneously and to oversee client processes of Manager(s), providing strategic support and mentorship.
- Provide subject matter and transactional support as needed to partners as part of the onboarding, engagement and PPA transaction process.
- Interact with key client stakeholders, advise and implement on the procurement strategy, and assist the client in securing the best renewable energy transaction(s).
- The Director shall be knowledgeable of energy market conditions across North America & Europe, corporate renewable energy procurement, and renewable energy development/financing fundamentals.
- Oversee contract negotiation and execution, from Term Sheet negotiation to PPA execution (and renegotiation, if applicable), and bring a commercial perspective to transaction conversations. Provide transaction expertise and support to Manager(s) in client processes.
- Collaborate with professionals in other Departments to ensure clients are served professionally, efficiently and timely and to create and innovate on transaction process.
- The Director will be tasked with improving practices and offering product innovations on Energy Marketplace features that will facilitate more streamlined PPA transactions for clients.
- 7+ years of relevant renewable energy and/or sustainability advisory experience
- Demonstrated experience working with corporate purchasers of renewable energy, including procurement strategy, stakeholder alignment, and project evaluation
- Detailed familiarity with renewable energy power purchase agreements (PPAs) and virtual PPAs; the ideal candidate has a history of negotiating PPAs involving corporate purchasers
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience with web-based software as a service (SaaS)