Flexible Depending on Experience
almost 2 years ago
The Green Recruitment Company are working with a multi-national Energy Tech Company who are looking to recruit a Data Scientist to help change the world of energy.
An award-winning energy tech company; this client sets out to connect customers to trading and data centres in order to revolutionise the UK energy market. This is made possible by collaborations and investments from some of the largest energy companies in the world.
You will be responsible for applying advanced analytics, data science and machine learning to develop energy forecasting solutions.
- Improve the advanced analytics and machine learning capabilities, including;
- The areas of descriptive, diagnostic, predictive, and prescriptive analytics.
- Designing, building and implementing advanced analytics and data science solutions, for example:
- Creating and improving data science platforms (forecasting and real-time analytics);
- Creating market-leading forecasting and optimisation algorithms;
- Build and validate advanced models, applications, and services.
- Evolve the data science strategy
- Explore how machine learning methods, processes, and techniques.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders
- Significant experience in applying advanced analytics and data science.
- Preferable experience with short time horizons (days) e.g. energy, tech, finance.
- Ability to work with large volumes of data (preferably processing live data streams).
- Excellent understanding and experience of data science, machine learning frameworks (preferably in Python).
- Experience in developing forecasting systems in electricity sector - ideally with portfolio of over 500MW (desirable).
- Data augmentation for machine learning, including "on-the-fly" augmentation (desirable).
- Quick understanding of complex problems.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Innovative mindset.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor education, or similar, in;
- AI, Machine Leaning, Data Science or Quantitative subjects (Mathematics, Physics, Economics etc.). Post-grad desirable.
Applicants must have right to work in the UK without a work permit.