Up to £35,000
10 months ago
The Energy Data Analyst supports a growing International team and assist with the management requirements for existing and new clients by building and maintaining energy knowledge.
- Provide energy data consulting services to European based clients
- Build an understanding of invoice structures, formats and elements across EMEA Region, Russia and India
- Build and Maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of all European energy markets
- Receive/Retrieve supplier invoices for entry into databases
- Read, interpret & understand utility bills, and enter into systems in an efficient & timely manner
- Build relationships with vendors / utilities
- Contact vendors to update billing addresses, collect missing bills and deal with high level billing issues
- Analyse and build reports including working with operating centre, vendors and client sites
- Perform quality check of translated bills
- Ensure queries and errors are disputed, tracked and resolved with the supplier
- Support client on-boarding
- Develop and maintain required client reporting tools for the international team
- Meet/exceed agreed client deadlines, assist clients with their queries, make improvements and ensure continuing levels of client satisfaction
- Liaise with other members of the company to resolve any client queries quickly and efficiently
- Maintain and optimise processes to retrieve data in the most efficient format
- Support sales with presentations of the operating platform
- Attend client/supplier meetings when necessary
- Support the account management and new business development teams
- Communicate with utilities, local distribution companies, and public utility commissions to gather timely, accurate, and complete energy market intelligence
- Provide cover for the department in times of absence and during busy periods
- Understand all other international products and support other teams as and when required
- Any other ad hoc tasks
The role requires a flexible approach to delivery as problem solving is a key element to the role. Communication is a key element so that discussions are held with both suppliers, clients and internal teams to ensure the best outcome.
- An experienced data analyst
- Admin, Data management and analysis experience
- Excellent organisational and workload management skills
- Preferred experience working within the energy industry across Europe
- Strong eye for detail
- Ability to work effectively alone and within a team
- A self-starter, who likes to get the job done properly first time
- An ability to identify problems and resolve them
- Experience In managing large sets of complex data
- Experience in a client facing role working directly with customers
- Ability to build and maintain both client and supplier relationships
- Strong reading, technical writing, and arithmetic skills in concert with advanced expertise in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word software programs.
- Strong negotiating skills related to issue resolution.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be detail oriented, flexible, adaptable and self-motivated.
- Skill in analysing and interpreting utility and tariff data
- Ability to handle deadlines and high stress situations on a periodic basis
- Must be able to travel regularly to client and supplier locations.