$150000 - $175000
10 months ago
TGRC are working in partnership with a successful Renewable Energy Developer, speciaisling in Solar Energy on the East Coast of the United States. The Corporate Accounting Controller will oversee all accounting and tax functions in line with daily operations as well as prepare financial reporting processes and tax filings for corporate and related entities. The successful candidate will oversee consolidation processes, assist with preparation of accounting policies, technical memos, internal controls, and will provide ad hoc support to the executive team in analyzing complex accounting issues. This will also involve the implentation of a financial accounting and reporting system.
- Leading on the coordination, consolidation and financial reporting of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements with a particular emphasis and focus on the structured funds business
- Supervision of other accountants
- Manage the accounting for the parent and related companies and the overall consolidation of subsidiaries.
- Financial reporting, management of cash flows during construction phase (billing and invoicing customer, paying vendors, etc.), recording related revenues and cost of goods sold
- Perform monthly, quarterly and annual reconciliations.
- Review and oversee monthly journal entries and schedules for multiple entities.
- Oversee accounts payable and accounts receivable of the parent company and related entities.
- Research technical accounting literature and write technical accounting memos.
- Run ad hoc reports and sensitivities with relatively short turnaround times.
- Assist with creation, refinement and implementation of accounting policies & procedures for internal controls.
- Maintain system of internal controls.
- Participate in cross-functional initiatives and projects that streamline and improve processes.
- Primary responsible for documenting work flow, procedures and policies related to accounting
- Help develop internal processes, metrics, and business decision-making as part of a nimble team.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA would be beneficial
- CPA required; Big 4 experience is essential.
- Knowledge of GAAP, proven technical skillset
- Controllership or assistant controllership experience is required
- Minimum of ten years of related experience in Accounting with increased responsibilities and growth
- Demonstrated ability to compile and manage complex sets of financial data
- Extremely organized with the ability to advance multiple projects within tight time lines
- Self-starter willing to take a hands-on role
- Strong collaboration, communication and relationship skills
- High standards for accuracy, precision, and work produced
- Experience in implementing a new accounting system, preferably NetSuite.