2 months ago
As Commercial Director, your goal is to build the strategy and deliver on the monetization of our carbon assets globally. Deepening the strategy for the offtake of credits over time will be a critical focus, but also partnering with the management team and CFO to develop ways to partner with financial institutions and investors . Relationship building and business-to-business sales experience is fundamental to this role, as you and your team will be interacting closely with large corporates wishing to offset emissions or food companies looking for transparency in their value chain. You should also be extremely financially astute, making complex channel choices to optimise the revenue for our growers, a task that becomes more complex as we have larger volumes of increasingly differentiated carbon credits. Ideally you have prior experience in carbon trading or climate finance.
- You’re responsible for the monetization of assets and capabilities, either through the sales of carbon credits for the voluntary market, or as Scope 3 emissions.
- Build relationships with large carbon credit buyers.
- Provide insights on evolving carbon market trends, value, and relevant regulatory developments.
- Identify and structure project financing opportunities to accelerate and re-risk the growth
- Develop, alongside the finance and digital teams, initial systems/structures including carbon repository, financial analysis, commercial risk monitoring and projections.
- You will work in coordination with country teams in structuring proposals for partnership and demand for large clients.
- Work with Legal and Contracts team, to establish a variety of contracts (ex. with buyers), and guide internally on contracting policies and procedures.
- Represent company at industry events and other outreach opportunities, to create new business opportunities.
- Integrate pricing logic upstream to optimize value maximization
Partner with Carbon Credit Generation & Methodology Team
- Be a partner to the project and methodology team to help reflect the needs and requirements of value from our buyers into the project organization
- Help to ensure that the strategy in validation and verification meets the needs of existing buyers, and be creative in finding new business opportunities.
- Demonstrated significant first-hand business-to-business sales experience, including deal structuring and negotiation of ERPAs
- Commercial experience in environmental markets, preferably in voluntary carbon markets (compliance market experience a plus)
- Ability to conceptualize a strategy and then execute a process to maximize carbon monetization
- Good judgement in balancing business, legal and commercial needs, mitigating risks/exposures with counterparty requirements and policies.
- Profound commercial understanding of GHG emission reductions standards, GHG emission reductions projects and methodologies
- Detailed knowledge of policy frameworks, implementation and monitoring and evaluation and/or impact reporting from such programs and projects
- Experience in project development in the Agriculture or Land Use sector preferred A strong existing network of key organizations working on sustainable development action Exceptional written and spoken English language skills; any other language is a plus
- Willingness to travel 50%