TGRC are partnered with a leading US renewable energy developer who are expanding their Business Development team.
The company specialise in the development and implementation of distributed solar generation, including rooftop, C&I, residential and ground mount systems.
Reporting to the Business Development Director, this key strategic hire will be responsible for originating new solar capacity to grow the businesses development pipeline across Washington DC and the surrounding areas.
Excellent progression and earning potential for motivated & sales driven business development professionals.
- Originate value-add commercial and industrial rooftop, canopy, and ground mounted solar projects in Washington, D.C. and portions of Maryland
- Work with lead generation and other team members to foster new and existing relationships for development
- Log all communications and opportunities to measure activity and progress to goal with CRM software
- Present solar proposals, financial benefit summaries, and various deal structures to property owners
- Manage site diligence processes, cost structures, and formulate financial analysis for new solar projects
- Deliver on an annual solar quota and provide regular updates to team members on status of key relationships
- Provide RFP responses by coordinating between operations and engineering teams
- Accelerate initial conversations with property owners and enhance deal momentum to ensure the timely conversion of pipeline to backlog
- Drive negotiations with legal and commercial counterparts and work with internal counsel to execute key legal documents
- Manage commercial and technical workstreams between departmental teams to elevate client experience
- Maintain and expand existing customer relationships through add on capacity and referral opportunities
- Interface with project finance team to structure customer-specific solar solutions
- interface with the Project Management team on Pepco and DCRA related matters; and they will interface with the Engineering team on all structural and technical solar project aspects.
- Integrate with the larger Washington DC solar market through participation in community, clean energy, real estate, and other kinds of organizations likely to deliver solar opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree, post graduate degree preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in C&I solar business development or sales, and well versed in understanding core financial aspects and key legal documents of solar energy projects
- Understanding of District of Columbia and Mid-Atlantic real estate and energy markets
- Experience in core Microsoft Office applications to present customer facing financial summaries and proposals
- Proven ability to solve complex development issues,
- Strong communication skills, character judgment, and a familiarity
- Track record of executing on a strategy and accountability toward goals
- Desire to help develop junior staff to the standards of conduct and core functions of Business Development
- Strong self-awareness, constructive mindset, and eagerness to seek and receive feedback
Please submit your resume for immediate review.