New York City
about 1 month ago
Associate, Project Finance & M&A – Independent Power Producer - New York City
The Green Recruitment Company have been retained by a growing renewable power producer (the “Company”), as they expand their Project Finance and M&A team in New York City.
The business has an experienced leadership team and are backed by top tier institutional capital. The Company has grown an extensive development pipeline of wind, solar, and energy storage projects across North America. This is an excellent opportunity to join a firm truly at the forefront of the energy transition.
The ideal candidate will have strong renewable energy tax equity experience and either; completed a rotational Analyst programme in a top-tier investment bank; worked in a buyside investment capacity for a renewable energy owner, developer, or operator; or within a PE/Infrastructure Fund.
Responsibilities in the role will include, but not be limited to:
- Lead financial modeling, analysis, and due diligence activities as part of a deal team for project and portfolio acquisitions, joint ventures, and other development partnership opportunities.
- Actively participate in tax equity and debt project and holdco financings with the deal team, managing modeling, assisting in financier due diligence, and contributing to structuring and negotiations
- Build, refine, and maintain financial models for in-house wind, solar, and energy storage development projects.
- Actively engage and participate in the project development process, including providing guidance at key decision points on project returns and value.
- Support the evaluation and analysis of power offtake opportunities to determine offer pricing and structures, in close conjunction with the commercial and development teams.
- Prepare presentations for management and Board of Directors regarding project acquisitions, project financings and key strategic project decisions.
- Support and contribute to the negotiation of definitive documentation for M&A, procurement, origination and commercial activities
- Support and manage active data rooms associated with the above referenced transactions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, business, economics or related field
- 2-4 years of project finance, investment banking, advisory, and/or other capital markets experience in renewable energy, power, or other infrastructure finance industries
- Hands-on experience performing financial analysis for U.S. renewable energy project financings and/or M&A transactions
- Strong proficiency in financial modeling and analytics, including project cash flow models with project and/or corporate debt financings; experience modeling renewable energy tax equity preferred
- Ability to articulate financial modeling results in a concise and clear manner, including to non-finance team members
- Passion for the renewable energy industry, with a general understanding and familiarity with US power markets and wind, solar, and/or energy storage project development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to develop effective and concise presentation materials
- Must have legal authorization to work in the U.S.
If you are interested in learning more, please email Rory Chandler to organise a confidential discussion – email@example.com