9 months ago
This is a great opportunity for an Asset Manager to expand their technical and commercial skills within an internationally recognised specialist asset management service provider in the South of England.
To manage a number of solar assets / SPVs by ensuring best practice for safety, quality and environmental performance, whilst enhancing the overall returns and value of each project and complying with all of the applicable contractual agreements.
You will be the main contact for all asset management activities carried out on the project and be fully responsible for the day to day management of each asset; this will involve working with the financial management team and other internal personnel to provide a solid asset management function across all of company’s assets
- Ensure that all assets are in compliance with; Statutory requirements for Health, Safety and Environmental performance, local planning authority requirements, grid company connection conditions and power purchase agreements, reporting requirements under lenders facility agreements and other financial requirements, other agreements in place.
- Optimise project performance; Monitor contractor performance during scheduled and unscheduled maintenance with a view to ensuring all contracted SLA’s are met or bettered, review and enhance maintenance strategies and activities with a view to reducing downtime, review regular and other reporting provided by the contractors and ensure any issues are being suitably addressed, build strong relationships with contractors, diirect supervision of sub-contractors or overseeing the work of management contractors where required, identify and establish the necessary KPIs to monitor the performance of each asset.
- Identify equipment faults, carry out diagnoses and troubleshooting activities with support from the Asset Engineer.
- Manage the project operational budgets by; Monitoring spend to budget, planning spend for activities on each project for approval by the investment team.
- Prepare regular asset management reports on each asset.
- Maintain and develop management tools including; Operating Plans, Asset Registers and other management tools as necessary.
- Visit company sites to assess status and conditions of the solar farm; equating to approximately 2 visits per month.
- Engineering degree or equivalent
- 1 year experience in solar farm asset management activities
- Experience with remote monitoring systems on plant and equipment (preferably Solar)
- Interpretation of mechanical and electrical engineering drawings, work instructions and design reviews
- Advanced Excel Skills (macros, visual basic
- Collaborative – Demonstrate effective team work and close collaboration across functions and geographical locations, to facilitate knowledge sharing and continued learning and development for the benefit of everyone
- Diligent - Excellent time keeping, punctuality and consistent attendance at work as well as meeting deadlines, persevering with challenging tasks, demonstrating meticulous attention to detail and consistently delivering work to the highest standard
- Trustworthy - To act ethically and with integrity in all working practices and behave with honesty and decency at all times. Be trusted and able to take sole responsibility for a task or work alone where required
- Flexible - Respond to changing requirements which may affect the working day, and to deal appropriately with varying customer needs.
- Well Organised - Capable of planning effectively and then dealing with a number of different tasks at a time whilst still maintaining priority on the needs of the business and our customers
- Positive attitude - Deal with challenging situations in a positive manner; have the ability to remain calm and maintain a balanced viewpoint when dealing with complex or difficult matters and demonstrating a high degree of resilience in the workplace
- Communicative – Able to communicate at all levels across the staff and management of company and to interact professionally with all stakeholders and our customers
- Ambitious – Excited by the commercial strategy of company and to want to have a continuously rewarding career with the Company, to work on new challenges with enthusiasm, demonstrate initiative, stretch capabilities and seek opportunities for personal development
- Customer Focussed – understand that the needs of the customer take priority and strive for excellence in customer satisfaction at all times