over 2 years ago
Our client is looking for motivated individuals to join a rapidly growing renewable energy business focused on wind and solar power generation in the United States. The company mission is to create a sustainable future and they see every employee as an integral contributor to this goal.
This Asset Operations Specialist reports directly to the Director of Operations and will actively manage and co-ordinate a series of initiatives to allow the transition of Wind Farms under construction into effective operational status.
- Develop, maintain and manage asset procedures, policies, and work practices.
- Develop and integrate Asset management requirements into the Wind Farm portfolio, to include support of Strategical Asset Management Plans and support the sites with the development of Local Asset Management Plans.
- Contribute, engage and integrate O&M best practices through fleet wide support.
- Work with Finance to Manage the overall portfolio future operational budget plan including budget preparation & budget forecasting - work with the Site Managers to fulfil these duties.
- Identify and act upon P&L responsibilities to ensure a high performing portfolio of Wind Farms.
- Work with the regulatory compliance functions to maintain the grid rules.
- Interact and support Central Control Room Function to meet performance targets and improvements.
- Support the sites to address specific site concerns from local, state, and federal agencies.
- Support site Interaction with land owners and wind site neighbors and address any concerns/questions from the stakeholders acting as professional representation.
- On behalf on the US team, lead the interaction with the Fleet Management function to monitor site claim requirements and requests and support appropriate insurance requirements.
- Manage escalations and claims under contracts with support from other departments including Fleet Management to provide strong evidence-based challenges.
- Supporting sites with Commercial contract management and administration, approving and expediting payments, procurement and budgeting
- Work with specialists in Technical Performance Management (TPM) to ensure best practice exchange and knowledge share across the portfolio of wind farms.
- Input into the development and construction process of new projects to ensure that asset performance and quality is established for future operation and maintenance.
- Integrate and maintain portfolio operational requirements and data control to meet the requirements of Performance Management reporting and dash board requirements for daily, weekly, monthly status reports as needed.
- Experience of managing teams and contractors in an asset and operational management environment.
- Formal Engineering/ Commercial/Technical qualification to degree or equivalent.
- The ability to assimilate engineering concepts and technical terminology and communicate clearly to investors, non-engineers, customers and third parties.
- Experience of contract management including the development of contract strategies.
- Ability to understand, control, and manage mitigation of business risk within the portfolio and a strong commitment to asset management.
- An appreciation of renewables technology and the constraints that places on site design, operations and maintenance processes.
- The ability to understand and support the roles of other teams, such as Development, Finance, Commercial, Projects, Engineering, Health & Safety, Operations.
- Ability to absorb and process often complex and potentially conflicting information
- Strong influencing/negotiation skills along with excellent communication and reporting skills
- Strong commercial awareness with the ability to influence and develop process and contractual positions to achieve best value for assets.
- Commercial awareness of procurement processes and legal framework for contracts. Basic SAP knowledge would be an advantage.
- A willingness to travel will be required.