35000 - 50000
12 months ago
The is a unique opportunity for a outgoing and confident professioanl to joing a UK-based technical and commercial consultancy focused on the energy sector.
You will be resposnible for manageing a portfolio of energy assets for third party investors in addition to performing transaction support, due diligence work and also developing new energy assets.
A large part of this work will be leading on Solar O&M tenders on behalfof key investment clients across the sector. It is therefore essetnial that you are commerically minded alongside having an in depth technical understanding of technical performance and efficiency across Solar porftolios.
- Effective and efficient delivery of the obligations within the Asset Management Agreements for one or more portfolios of energy assets, optimising their yield and placing the owner’s interests at the centre of all decision making
- Lead the Asset Management team and will report directly to the Directors.
- work for external clients under Due Diligence or Transactional Support contracts.
- Managing commercial agreements and the compliance of SPVs and contractors with their contractual obligations including:
- Power purchase agreements and FIT agreements
- Ofgem subsidy process
- Insurance policies and management of claims
- Meter operator agreements
- Import electricity agreements
- Lease agreements and lease payments
- Loan Agreements
- Asset Management Agreements
- Operation & Maintenance contract tenders & management
- Coordination of the formal reporting investors by liaising with the internal and external teams to collate the required information
- Relationship Management with third party owners
- Preparation of the annual operating budgets
- Act as regulatory and electricity market expert within the Asset Management team
- Lead tendering and procurement activities with support of external advisers as appropriate
- Manage the offsite relationship with the landlords and/or residents and other community relations
- 5+ years of track record demonstrating ability to manage commercial agreements in the energy industry with a focus on electrical engineering. This will include experience of setting and managing budgets •
- A detailed understanding of the UK grid (EHV, HV and LV) and connection to it
- An excellent knowledge of the UK electricity market, including having contacts with market players, experience of subsidy mechanisms and the relevant administrative processes, and clear understanding of the regulatory principles of the UK market
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to build rapport quickly and develop long-term relationships with all stakeholder groups.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to engage with all stakeholder groups including suppliers, contractors and clients
- Professionalism, the ability to understand and manage client expectations and deliver high quality service.
- A detail focused approach to work with an understanding of how to set the bar high and exceed that mark
- A robust and resilient character with the ability to work at speed while procuring the necessary information to complete their tasks
- The ability to work with minimum supervision when interfacing with stakeholders but also able to work with all members of the Group and external client teams to implement initiatives and optimise performance