24 days ago
TGRC has partnered exclusively with a Blackstone portfolio company who in their own right are leaders in developing, owning and operating energy storage and hybrid renewable projects. TGRC has been selected to source a VP / General Manager to run the entire Toronto office as well as assume responsibility for the strategic direction and project development activity for the Ontario region. Our client designs customized energy storage and generation projects for a range of applications that benefit both commercial and industrial customers, as well as utilities that power communities and cities.
- Develop, own and execute corporate customer origination strategy in Ontario;
- Assess commercial opportunities and structure and negotiate appropriate energy storage service agreements and/or ancillary service agreements to meet customer needs;
- Monitor applicable regulatory, legislative and policy developments and procurements and identify potential risks and opportunities.
- Explore strategic growth opportunities across new customer bases and market segments;
- Seek additional revenue streams and structure new products and solutions to enhance portfolio value;
- Oversee customer success and liaise with current and prospective customers;
- Coordinate matters related to Ontario projects execution, oversee timeline and budget compliance, and facilitate matters requiring interface with host customer and suppliers;
- Oversee operations and asset management;
- Liaise with the finance and accounting team on billing and collections matters;
- Ensure continued compliance with all applicable financial, operational and other requirements and covenants; and
- Provide rigorous financial and operational reporting to the executive management team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field; graduate degree in related field desirable;
- 10+ years of progressive experience within the clean energy, power, or related industry, including 2+ years in a leadership role;
- Preference for candidates with at least 5 years experience in origination in the Ontario energy market;
- Strong experience marketing renewable energy and/or energy use solutions to corporate offtake and/or C&I customers, preference for candidates with energy storage experience;
- Established relationships with corporate and C&I customers;
- Strong leadership skills and ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, including a creative and proactive work ethic;
- Able to plan, oversee and personally execute numerous projects simultaneously, work well under pressure, and adapt to changing priorities;
- Outstanding problem solving and strategic thinking skills;
- Exceptional time management and ability to perform under tight deadlines; and
- Able to work independently and as a collaborative member of a lean and dynamic team.