over 1 year ago
Excellent opportunity for an Analyst to join the valuations team of a leading European Infrastructure Investment Manager dedicated to the Renewable Energy sector.
The business manage in excess of £3bn in renewable energy assets, comprised of solar, wind, storage and bioenergy projects across Europe & Asia.
They are looking for a Financial Modeller who can join the valuations team and report on the operational asset portfolio.
The team is responsible for production of the quarterly valuations of the existing infrastructure and renewable energy portfolio, covering a range of sectors including solar PV, wind, battery storage, PFI and bioenergy assets
The candidate must have strong financial modelling experience (ideally in energy/infra) sufficient to understand, review, evaluate and manage financial models and to build analysis spreadsheets and draw appropriate conclusions from their output;
Specific responsibilities include:
- Quarterly updating of project and fund models, and production of discounted cashflow valuations, IRRs and dividend cover calculations;
- Track team progress against valuation and reporting timetables;
- Present valuation updates to the Head of Valuations and draft presentations to the partner group;
- Model fund and project level sensitivities;
- Research in respect of political and economic factors affecting countries that are relevant to the funds;
- Assist with the production of the annual and interim accounts, quarterly update statements and reports to the Fund Boards;
- Assist with investor, debt and regulatory reporting requirements;
- Work with advisors and investment teams to facilitate the integration of newly acquired assets and new valuation models;
- Coordinate external audit of individual funds and liaison with independent valuation advisors;
- Support the development of a Valuations Analyst within the team;
- Carry out additional ad hoc duties as required.
A good candidate will likely have the following competencies:
- Strong financial modelling experience sufficient to understand, review, evaluate and manage financial models and to draw appropriate conclusions from their output;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; including the ability to present technical financial information in a clear and concise manner;
- Strong team player who collaborates across teams and recognises the importance of building strong connections across the business
- Excellent organisational and problem solving skills, and ability to meet regular deadlines;
- Report writing skills and ability to produce concise and clear documents for internal and external purposes;
- Strong attention to detail and quality;
- Some understanding of the renewables investment industry and ability to support strategic planning through the application of sound commercial judgement and business acumen;
- Able to demonstrate initiative and judgement in carrying out day-to-day role.
Qualifications and Experience Requirement:
- University graduate with a minimum 2:1 degree from a top tier university
- 1-2 years post university experience in a relevant role
- Direct experience performing and/or reviewing valuations (preferred but not essential)