£38,000 - £45,000
8 days ago
The role of the Utilities Manager will be responsible for managing the electricity, gas and water for properties managed within our real estate management department. Duties will extend from contract procurement through to managing the utility recharging to occupiers. This would be delivered through liaising with internal teams and managing the relationship with energy suppliers and our energy consultancy to provide a service to clients and occupiers that is of the highest quality. The role requires an analytical mind to problem solve, communicate effectively, and educate internal teams on utility management.
- Manage the internal utilities team who are responsible for energy supplier debt management and occupier recharges.
- Establish SLAs within the team to improve service delivery to the business, i.e., to issue out demands to occupiers, query response times.
- Implement a risk management strategy to manage the portfolio’s wholesale purchasing strategy in the energy markets.
- To work with the appointed energy consultancy to educate internal teams, clients and occupiers about the energy industry.
- Ensure clear processes are established and are documented on utilities to ensure that the energy consultancy and internal colleagues understand their respective responsibilities.
- Work collaboratively with the energy consultancy and internal colleagues to ensure that queries are handled in a timely fashion.
- Manage electricity, gas & water budgets for each property within the real estate management portfolio.
- Report internally on contractual KPIs and regular risks to the business, i.e., disconnection risks; out of contract liability.
- Ability to conduct energy consultancy tenders to ensure that the business provides the best service to its clients and occupiers and as in line with the RICS code for tendering.
- Ability to listen to the stakeholders’ request, interpret and provide a resolution.
- Ability to deal with high volumes of work and prioritise accordingly.
- Ability to communicate and deliver a high-quality service under the pressure of high volumes and tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills and possess strong interpersonal skills, which enables them to communicate with their team, give clear instructions, and provide great customer service.
- High level of IT knowledge, including a good knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Previous experience of managing people and ability to delegate / manage and prioritise conflicting timelines and pressures.
- Willing to develop their technical knowledge, and able to learn new skills quickly.
- Team worker – happy to work in a busy, deadline driven environment and have the right personality to mix and work with a busy team.
- Self-motivated to maintain output and able to work from home at times.