4 days ago
Transmission Engineer / Associate Engineer / Transmission Analyst
TGRC has been retained by a growing renewable power producer as they expand their power origination team. The business has an experienced leadership team and are backed by top tier institutional capital. Since kicking off a growth effort in the United States in late 2019, the team has generated an extensive development pipeline of wind, solar, and energy storage projects, and is looking to continue to build upon its recent successes. This is an excellent opportunity to join a firm truly at the forefront of the energy transition.
The Transmission Engineer will perform transmission and interconnection activities from a market and commercial perspective. The primary responsibilities will include oversight of the transmission and interconnection process for the green field project evaluation (injection capability, rights, constraints, pricing and congestion) in various markets (MISO, CAISO, PJM etc). The ideal candidate will analyze and translate utilities Integrated Resource Plan (IRP) documents to provide strategic insights to support origination team RFP response as well as develop and maintain nationwide interconnection queue dashboard.
- Mange projects throughout the interconnection process for various ISOs and TOs
- Provide support for interconnection applications and ongoing interconnection study processes including interpreting interconnection studies results
- Reading and interpreting interconnection requirements to support project engineer design work
- Provide strategic and technical input to Development, Commercial, Finance, Operations, EPC teams as projects are evaluated for purchase, development and ongoing investment
- Evaluate transmission and interconnection tariffs, costs, timelines, and processes for a variety of markets to provide strategic guidance.
- Participate in regional and national organizations and policy initiates related to expanding grid access and modifying regulations for renewable projects
- Collaborate with development team to launch projects by assessing the transmission for sites
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related or similar field
- 3+ years with direct experience in power flow analysis and transmission planning in the North American energy markets
- Experience working on electrical projects or with renewable development teams a plus
- Proficiency and or ability to learn GE PSLF, PSSE, Gridview, ABB Velocity Suite, and/or Power flow for purposes of utility grid analysis (congestion, pricing, delivery)
- Proficient in reading and interpreting NERC and FERC reliability mandates and market rules
Salary: 110 - 130K
If this position seems like a good fit for you, please contact Sam Molloy below