2 months ago
- Develop PV and BESS system sitting strategy and plan based on the power supply and demand, transmission constraints.
- Set the development strategy to minimize the cost for interconnection costs.
- Support engineering input and cost estimates for transmission interconnection applications.
- Identify transmission capacity at specific grid nodes to support deliverability status.
- Prepare for interconnection applications to ISOs and RTOs for utility scale projects and manage the interconnection study process until signing interconnection agreement.
- Assess storage site location with respect to deliver maximum potential project value while minimizing execution and operating risks.
- Perform technical DD to support project development team on site feasibility and viability.
- Conduct transmission assessments to determine commercial viability of potential projects and/or acquisitions and estimate costs of required transmission system upgrades.
- Provide support for Request for Proposals (RFP) and support proposal development.
- Manage engineering consulting firms on special research and study.
- Review transmission and ISO related technical parts of Power Purchase Agreements.
- Support project asset sales to address technical questions.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or equivalent field from an accredited college or university, emphasis in power system preferred.
- Minimum 5+ years engineering experience in utility or power sector, PV, or wind, industry.
- Must possess Transmission planning experience with power flow modelling skills.
- Knowledgeable in electricity market policy and rules with respect to interconnection and transmission planning.
- Skilled in electric theory with strong understanding of utility and ISO operations and transmission planning process.
- Ability to multitask and support multiple development projects across multiple states and regions.
- Familiar with storage and renewable trends in the electric market.
- •Knowledgeable in energy storage value proposition and/or engineering and/or fundamentals of energy storage projects.
- Effective communication across organizational boundaries to achieve goals and meet deadlines.
- Engineering, analytical and technical writing skills.
- Detail oriented and strong organization skills.
- Can work independently or as part of a team.