£40,000 - £50,000
4 days ago
Our client’s purpose is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. To reach Plan Zero, we need everyone to come together - not just as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal. As part of this ambitious plan, our goal is to become the ‘Leading Employer in the UK’ by 2030. If you think you could be the talent we’re looking for, then come and join the adventure!
- Support in developing a risk framework in Trading, work closely with Risk & Compliance counterparts in promoting operational risk discussions and understanding across the trading team
- Own the Trading Risk Register ensuring that it accurately reflects the risks being managed and that it is embedded in Trading resource and project prioritisation
- Develop and monitor timely reporting, insights and analysis around operational process KPIs that cover process performance and accuracy
- Work with the other Commercial & Finance teams to ensure accurate process inputs and data transfer to support trading process effectiveness
- Development of a robust control environment, validation tools and associated documentation
- Build on and share expert in-depth knowledge of risk management & controls with wider trading team
- Secure business buy-in to Trading requirements and aid understanding of what good assurance looks like by supporting colleagues to ‘find a better way’
- Assist in process and project improvements and for oversight/completion of associated treatment plans
- A minimum 3 years experience of energy Trading (or equivalent) in an assurance role
- A good understanding of trading rules (e.g. regulation, legislation)
- You will be a skilled, Assurance lead with proven experience working in similar environment and meeting delivery deadlines
- You will be comfortable managing complexity
- Excellent understanding of governance, risk and control concepts and application
- Experience of working with businesses to develop and enhance control frameworks.
- Well organised, structured in approach and able to operate effectively in challenging situations
- An excellent communicator with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to influence and communicate with people at all levels and able to take complex ideas and communicate them simply
- Resilient in character with strong ethical values and a desire to get it right.
Does this role sound like something you’d be interested in? Please don’t hesitate to contact Emma with your CV at email@example.com