£55,000 - £65,000 plus benefits
about 2 years ago
The business offers innovative energy investment solutions to large corporates and SMEs across a range of technologies. These being Solar PV, biomass boilers, LED lighting, combined heat and power products, battery storage and conventional distributed generation assets.
The role is varied in its nature and will include working on a range of PV projects. Your responsibility will include:
- Managing/supporting solar project acquisitions, developments and operations
- Providing engineering input from initial assessment through to technical and economic feasibility, construction monitoring and acceptance and ongoing operations for both roof top and ground mounted systems (primarily in the megawatt scale)
- Managing external technical advisers and due diligence processes
- Reviewing and preparing technical documents including specifications, reports, proposals, calculations and contracts
- Site visits in the UK
- Technical assessment of PV products and equipment
- Other ad hoc activities as and when required
You will work alongside other professionals as part of a multidisciplinary project team. We would like to hear from you if you have an interest in the renewables sector and particularly a passion for solar and storage.
- Undergraduate degree in an engineering or science-based subject
- A good knowledge of PV technology and megawatt scale plants
- A good understanding of the key commercial aspects of PV projects
- Experience in the PV yield prediction software PVsyst
- Ability to research and assess renewable technologies other than PV
- Ability to manage project work without supervision
- Strong problem solving and analytical skill
- A flexible and proactive approach
- Reliability and good organisational/project management skills
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a multi-disciplined team
- Ability to produce high quality technical reports in English, to predefined deadlines
- Valid Driving Licence for use with in the UK
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a consultancy environment working on megawatt scale PV plants.
- Competence in analysing solar irradiation measurements and PV plants production data
- Competence in understanding EPC and O&M contracts
- Fluency in one or more European languages.