7 months ago
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform technical clarification of customer part(s) requests. Clarification includes but not limited to the accurate determination of final part number.
- Create domestically procurable part definition, which may consist of electronic bills of materials based on assembly drawings, sub-assembly drawings, manufacturing drawings, vendor drawings, part numbers, material specifications, heat treatment specifications, general specifications and standards in preparation for manufacturing.
- Develop drawing based Technical Data Packages, as required, to support domestic procurement where part based definition is not ideal.
- Must exhibit high accuracy and extreme attention to details. Data required for clarification is often scattered over multiple sources; often requiring diligence, determination and analytical thinking to locate desired information and complete task at hand.
- Must be able to quickly review technical drawings to identify when critical data is missing that would require requests to be sole sourced with applicable or OEM.
- Perform, manage, and prioritize tasks, as required, to meet defined due dates as well as assisting in the completion of unplanned tasks.
- Perform technical clarification of Outage Parts Requests.
- Obtain technical and commercial information from the factories (Document Request Forms, Technical Support Request’s, Manufacturing Authorization Form’s, etc.).
- Document Technical Clarification in TED (Technical Clarification Web based front end for SQL database), ERP (SAP business system), Windchill or other system as required.
- Provide responses for supplier Request for Information (RFI) related to but not limited to drawing clarification/interpretation, material substitution, tolerance relief, etc.
- Support engineering certification and training by creating work instructions and work process breakdowns to improve efficiency, quality, and reduce on-boarding training time.
- Provide support, as required, for Material Master and Material Determination entry and/or maintenance.
- Provide afterhours support for emergencies / outage support.
- Support ISO 9001 audits and compliance efforts, and where possible, enhance the documentation and configuration control methods in use by Engineering
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures reporting all unsafe activities to Management and/or Human Resources.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Communicate effectively with subordinates and management at all levels.
- Protect confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using for benefit of third parties.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Some overnight travel (less than 5%) by land and/or air.
- Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EDUCATION
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering and course work in the major field being associated with turbo-machinery, or a minimum of 6 years of directly related engineering activity may be substituted for the degree requirement. Experience as an engineering intern or entry-level engineer is preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as industry reports and technical journals.
- Ability to write technical reports and correspondence including customer reports.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one, small group, and large group settings.
- Ability to perform necessary calculations to satisfy job requirements.
- Ability to make judgment decisions based on specifications or technical requirements.
- Advanced personal computer skills including graphics (Pro/ENGINEER, AutoCAD), MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access), etc