Up to £55,000
about 2 months ago
The Green Recruitment Company are working alongside a multinational business who are the Electricity System Operator for Great Britain, sitting at the heart of the nation’s energy system, running electricity networks safely and efficiently 365 days a year.
They will play an instrumental part in transforming the energy system so that it can meet the government’s net zero carbon emissions target by 2050. As such, they are constantly thinking about the future of energy and constantly working to operate a greener and cleaner system.
As Strategy Manager, you will be responsible for shaping the strategic direction for the team, working closely with senior leaders and subject matter experts from across the business. You will have a strong influence on the strategic vision and be responsible for prioritising the key strategic questions that need to be addressed in order to achieve net zero by 2050.
- Lead the coordination, development and prioritisation of ESO’s key strategic focus areas; working closely with leaders and subject matter experts from across the business.
- Support the Senior Strategy Manager to influence and develop ESO’s long term strategic vision and ambitions; contributing directly to regulatory strategy and future business plan development.
- Lead the coordination of ESO strategic positions on key topics, working closely with strategy leads from across the business on a range of complex and technical subjects.
- Lead a highly motivated, innovative team of strategy analysts, developing a talent and performance management culture aligned to ESO’s ambitions.
- Ensure Strategy Team is enabled to effectively offer strategic skills (both directly and via team/external support) to deliver/support business-led projects.
- Work with ESO Executive Team to ensure ESO is effectively driving proactive strategic thinking and decision making.
- Experience of working across multiple fuels/sectors with a “whole system” perspective (ie broader than electricity only)
- Experience of communicating and influencing internal and external executive level stakeholders
- Ability to apply an understanding the operational and commercial challenges facing the business to support critical decision making
- Understands the energy sector in terms of structure, regulatory environment and the short- and long-term issues affecting the industry
- Experience of developing strategy for a business
- Ability to think in a structured way and lead business performance initiatives
- Experienced in applying strategic frameworks and formal problem-solving methods to solve business issues
- Experience of formulating strategic initiatives and policy positions
- Experience of leading high performing teams
- Experience of working in a strategy team or a strategy consultancy