almost 2 years ago
Great opportunity for a Senior Technical Manager to join a leading IPP in the renewable space!
- Manage and undertake technical project tasks throughout the project lifecycle, including: due diligence, site assessment, design, yield analysis, specifications and construction monitoring.
- Manage, support and quality check technical deliverables completed by in-house engineers and external consultants.
- Derive construction programme and cost estimates, in collaboration with others.
- Produce EPC and O&M contract technical schedules.
- Manage technical quality assurance and project compliance with standards and codes.
- Technical input to construction quality and management plans.
- Review and approval of EPC contractor proposals, deliverables and payment requests.
- Manage the resolution of construction stage performance and quality issues.
- Negotiating service provider, equipment supplier agreements and EPC and O&M contracts;
- Value engineering and risk analysis at a project level;
- Keeping up to date with PV plant technology and market developments;
- Managing sub-consultants;
- Contributing to team operations, continuous improvement and R&D.
- Degree level qualification in electrical, electro-mechanical, mechanical, industrial or energy engineering, physics or other relevant technical disciplines.
- At least 7 years’ work experience in the energy sector in a related role.
- At least 5 years’ work experience in a technical capacity within the utility-scale solar sector, with experience across engineering, procurement, construction and operation project stages;
- Extensive related experience and knowledge of permitting, investment, revenue and contractual aspects of developing, building and operating utility-scale solar PV plants.
- Proficiency in PVSyst and experience of at least one utility-scale, specialist PV design software package.
- Achieved or soon to achieve professional chartership or accreditation with a relevant professional, technical institution.
- Fluency in English – written and verbal – other languages will be an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal