about 1 year ago
Our client operates as one of the leading independent power producers in the renewable energy sector, The Company develops, finances invests in, builds, and operates renewable energy power plants worldwide. They are now looking to take on a senior project development manager to help expand their portfolio in the Asia Pacific region.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Identifying Project and Partnership opportunities within the region to help grow pipeline;
- Prospecting large sites for ground-mounted PV projects;
- Managing development process for secured projects. participating due diligence procedure to assess development status;
- Researching on local grid status and availability and liaise with DNOs;
- Negotiating on key contracts and transactions;
- Analysing and reviewing commercial viability based on projects’ technical design and costing;
- Supporting on basic financial analysis for negotiation and investment decision;
- Presenting projects to the internal investment committees;
- Managing local development partners, providing supervision to the local specialist team on secure land, obtain permits and other related subcontractor management)
- Understanding basic Legal frameworks and regulations for renewable energy projects development.
- Profile and requirements
Profile and requirements
- University Degree (or equivalent) in Engineering/Finance with a minimum of 6 years of experience in the related field
- With a track record of successfully managing the development of multiple projects, with a focus on pre- & post consent stage up to financial close.
- A thorough understanding of the commercial/environmental/regulatory challenges facing all stages of renewable energy project development.
- Financial modelling skills is a plus
- Technical knowledge of renewable energy plants (design, yield assessment, grid connection, construction/procurement) is important
- Excellent written and verbal communication Ability in Mandarine and English, able to travel frequently in the region;
- A strong basic understanding of financial aspects of power generation projects with experience of working closely with financial analysts in the preparation and updating of financial models