Up to £45,000 + 20% bonus
8 months ago
Working in a fast paced environment, with a rapidly expanding geographic responsibility, a Senior Middle Office Analyst is required who will be able to work both autonomously and within a team with an indepth knowledge of gas and power portfolios being reported, processes and systems. This role is key to ensure high quality reporting and proper handling of market risk for all reported portfolios.
Reporting & deal management:
- Validating and reporting trades made between Procurement and Trading (spot, forward, derivatives, structured)
- Validating and reporting trades made between Procurement and Customers through portals or Procurement Desk access (lock-ins)
- Validating and reporting demand data received from Forecasting team (short and long term volumes)
- Daily/monthly P&L and risk reporting on activities across PGE entities in 4 countries (UK, NL, DE, ES)
- Centralizing European Exposure data of all PGE entities (6 countries with B2C and/or B2B and/or Production segments) and ensuring full compliance with delegated position limits
- Assessing any new product identified by Procurement or Marketing entities in order to make sure that P&L and exposure can be reported correctly (new type of indexation, new flexibility clauses…)
- Providing ad-hoc risk and P&L analysis when necessary (Senior Management requests, review with entities etc.)
- Improving visibility, clarity and understanding of qualitative and quantitative results.
- Acting as a project leader to ensure effective delivery of projects assigned by the Middle Office Manager
- Suggesting improvements to the efficiency and accuracy of existing operational tasks.
- Establishing a relationship with IT, raising faults, suggesting improvements to systems which will enhance reporting.
- Conducting User Acceptance Testing and manage implementation of new data management systems where necessary
To interact with and form strong working relationships with:
- Trading Back Office and Middle Office
- Marketing entities teams (Finance, Pricing, IT)
- Forecasting & Analytics
- 3 or more years commercial experience in an Energy company role.
- Strong knowledge of European energy markets required.
- Proficient in use of Excel, Word & PowerPoint, SQL knowledge is an advantage
- Confident personality and the ability to interact with customers and other teams (Trading, Sales etc), well-organised and capacity to work under pressure.
- University degree qualification a numerate/analytical discipline, e.g. Economics, Statistics, Computer Science Fluent in English and ideally one other major European language