12 months ago
The Green Recruitment Company is seeking a professional for the Senior Mechanical Engineer role. This position is responsible for developing mechanical system design packages for gas turbine auxiliary mechanical equipment, working with outside vendors to fabricate the specified equipment and ensuring that the supplied equipment packages meet code, contract and schedule requirements for power projects in North and South America.
Pay Rate: $45-55/hr
Location: Remote (On-site Post COVID-19), relocation assistance up to $3000
Employment type: Contract-to-hire
- Interpret P&IDs and other technical material to develop system interface requirements
- Prepare supporting calculations needed to ensure proper sizing of equipment
- Prepare inquiry and purchase specifications for mechanical equipment
- Provide technical recommendation of vendor
- Review of vendor designs to ensure compliance with code, contract and internal requirements
- Ensure arrangement and foundation interface information meets requirements
- Technical qualification of vendors
- Specification and analysis of test results.
- Development of standard drawings and specifications
- Development of design improvements
- Develop and Adhere to schedule for engineering deliverables
- Meet regularly with vendors to ensure all technical and schedule requirements are being met.
- Interpret and respond to technical inquiries from customer, vendors and field personnel.
- Interpret and integrate design requirements from parent company.
- Establish processes and procedures that will ensure an effective and optimized use of resources while providing high quality design packages.
- Develop concepts to reduce system costs.
- Ensure that code requirements are correctly defined and incorporated into the system design and reflected as vendor requirements.
- Provide regular status updates to management
- Interpret end customer contract technical requirements and ensure incorporation into the system design.
- Establish corrective actions to reduce nonconformance and improve quality.
- Preparation of correspondence to vendors and other engineering groups
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering required
- Masters is a plus.
- Minimum eight (8) years of technical experience required
- Preference is experience with skid manufacturing, rotating equipment and/or static equipment.
If you're interested in the opportunity, please don't wait to apply.
Phone: +1 (689) 208-9590