3 months ago
The Green Recruitment Company is representing a global renewable energy developer in its search for a Senior Legal Counsel.
Working as part of the Dublin Finance team, this is a senior and challenging position with wide ranging duties and responsibilities. The primary area of responsibility will initially be managing commercial legal issues across all operational locations in multiple jurisdictions. The role will be high-profile, with significant interaction with the executive and senior management team and requires working closely with colleagues in many functions across the business (Commercial, Corporate Finance, Asset Management, Development etc).
Company law; joint ventures, shareholders’ agreements; acquisitions and disposals; project finance; corporate finance; power purchase agreements; procurement and construction contracts.
Legal relationship management and legal risk management.
- Act as a first point of call for all legal issues (principally contractual issues around joint ventures, acquisitions, share purchase agreements, land leases, construction)
- Service existing managerial demand for front-line negotiation, drafting and support of key project commercial contracts.
- Manage and co-ordinate use of external legal counsel across multiple jurisdictions in which Mainstream operates. A key function of this role will be to manage legal spend in an effective manner for the group.
- Develop an overall legal compliance framework within which Mainstream can operate
- Negotiate, draft and review day-to-day contracts in global environment
- Provide legal support on all key business initiatives and projects
- Close collaboration with the Head of Tax and the Corporate Governance Executive
- Assist in post transactional implementation
- Conduct on-going service review process
- A high calibre commercial solicitor with minimum 8 – 10 years post-qualification experience, experience as an in-house lawyer in a multinational company would be advantageous.
- Strong negotiation skills essential
- An ability to act as a project leader in relation to the implementation of a legal compliance framework, through liaison with different parts of the group and external advisers.
- Strong commercial/pragmatic sense and understanding of business needs.
- Be a self-starter with the ability to prioritise work, multi task and work to set deadlines within a dynamic and fast moving environment.
- A creative problem solver with a strong technical background and a proven track record in the delivery of solutions to a range of challenging corporate issues.
- As you will be a central point of contact, you will need strong organisational skills, a confident manner and ability to communicate clearly with the executive and senior management.
- Ability to work across several multinational jurisdictions.
- Experience in the energy and particularly, renewable energy industry will be an advantage.
- Experience in project finance, in structuring JVs and shareholders’ agreements will be an advantage.
- Significant ad-hoc international travel, as the role requires.
- Management Experience.