Competitive Salary (DOE)
4 months ago
Must be willing to relocate to CT.
Electrical project management of multi-million dollar power generation facilities or other types of industrial projects. Provide electrical power and control engineering support for the Procurement, Project Development, Construction, and Commissioning teams. Help ensure electrical engineering deliverables are completed, on-time, and on-budget while maximizing production efficiencies and output through electrical design, specification development, equipment installations, troubleshooting, and work to minimize construction commissioning cycle. Ensure electrical design is safe and reliable that meets Codes and Standards. The Senior Engineer will also work closely with the project team in proposal development and participate in customer meetings and presentations.
Senior Electrical Engineer will oversee the Engineer of Record's (EOR) project multi-disciplinary team to complete the Electrical and Controls Engineering design packages, perform calculations, and develop engineering solutions. The Engineer will typically work on power generation, distribution, utility-scale Power Plant Systems design for new and retrofit installations, and other industrial projects. Project knowledge range includes understanding complex EPC contracts and technical oversight of electrical contractors. The Senior Engineer will also be responsible for managing electrical and control systems for power plants, designing power distribution systems, motor control centers (MCC) with wiring schematics, developing construction specifications, and writing and reviewing equipment specifications.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Advanced degree in engineering or construction management
- 5-10 years of experience with design/installation of medium voltage and low voltage power distribution within power plants or industrial facilities
- At least five (5) years of experience with the design/installation of high-voltage transmission equipment
- At least seven (7) years of related experience in Instrumentation and Electrical Controls.
- At least seven (7) years of systems integration experience, preferably in a high-level controls engineering role, is required