Position: Senior Electrical Engineer (Renewable Solar + Storage)
Location : Atlanta, GA - Hybrid (3 days in office required)
Salary – $150,000 – $160,000 + Bonus
TGRC is delighted to work with one of the best-known engineering firms in the USA, that is specifically expanding their Renewable Energy team! Are you up for a new challenge within Solar and Energy Storage? Our client has multiple office locations across the east coast, and offer tuition reimbursement, Full benefits (PTO, 401K, Health Insurance, etc). Not only that but they are looking for a leading consultant that has a strong personality and can deliver designs, and power studies under a P.E.! You will have the opportunity obtain your PE license, Work on the technical side of solar and/or Storage projects and expand your skillset deep within the roots of various kinds of renewable energy projects.
Also, If your plan is to shift away from a specific vertical such as Wind/Solar into a completely different market, the benefit of working for our client, is that you will be allowed to expand your horizons into different sectors of many different engineering realms!
You will be part of an internal engineering team and operating as a consulting engineer , who will be dealing with vendors, towards the design, development and deployment of a large network of distributed energy storage projects. You will be working with multidisciplinary project team members, assisting with energy storage business development efforts, Project managers, & engineering consultants, across a variety of market opportunities.
You’ll be a great fit if you:
- Enjoy developing relationships and collaborating with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience performing engineering tasks for Standalone Storage projects within the Distributed energy scale.
- Have strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with project team members and clients
- Electrical engineering background is preferred, with at least 5 years of experience working on BESS technologies, relative to Solar.
- Knowledge of SCADA systems.
- Electrical Engineering degree and a minimum 5 years working as a solar engineer on the Distributed scale level, on projects ranging from 1-10MW.
- Knowledge of the Design, energy modelling, and Power studies for solar and/or solar + Storage projects
- SCADA and EMS experience.
- Experience working with utilities and managing interconnection applications
- Strong knowledge or ETAP, AutoCAD geared towards designing solar panels. (PVsyst energy modelling is a plus)
Candidates must be located in or willing to relocate to Atlanta, GA or Raleigh, NC or Tampa FL (Remote Maybe considered as well dependent on experience ; candidates in Tampa FL will be geared more towards development engineering. )
The work may involve out-of-town assignments with up to 20% estimated travel.
Salary range is 150k-160K plus performance bonus depending on qualifications and experience.
We offer 401K, medical, vision and dental and many more.