4 days ago
Senior Development Engineer
Location: Austin, TX, Hybrid
TGRC is partnering with an industry leading development shop in their search for a Senior Development Engineer. This development shop, in partnership with some of the country's leading IPPs, has proven to be significantly successful in delivering gigawatts of renewable energy projects. They have a development pipeline of 6 GW of Solar and Battery Storage projects across ERCOT, MISO, and SERC.
As Senior Development Engineer you will provide risk and economics-based design principles to conceptual design for our utility scale solar and battery storage portfolio. You will work cross functionally across business units and with 3rd party consultants to incorporate key survey, geotechnical, hydrological, environmental, and site access considerations through the design process.
The ideal candidate will manage 3rd party consultant scope, schedule, quality, and coordination to ensure development milestones are achieved. You will leverage solar and energy storage performance models to optimize solar, solar plus storage, and storage facilities for the portfolio.
- Define key site development risks on the project, prior to execution of lease agreements.
- Lead 3rd party consultants in performing required technical studies (geotechnical, hydrological, environmental, etc.)
- Coordinate interaction between Development, Real Estate, and Transmission to optimize each project’s success
- Manage the site constraints package throughout design to incorporate and optimize conceptual design layouts and single line diagrams
- Manage risk timelines and milestones in coordination with the cross-functional organization
- Manage ALTA survey scope, and support land acquisition on mapping and exhibits for real estate transactions
- Interaction with key internal and external stakeholders from investors to partners in the EPC process
- Lead the execution of engineering activities for high voltage project design and the electrical interconnection of utility scale clean energy projects
- Manage AutoCAD design templates and standards, and continue to develop Treaty Oak Clean Energy’s standards as projects evolve
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in solar, storage, or infrastructure design, with an understanding of electrical design considerations
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience with AutoCAD, ArcGIS, Google Earth, or similar platforms.
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience with PVSyst, NREL SAM, ESyst, or other solar and battery performance platforms.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or equivalent required. Emphasis in electrical power systems strongly preferred.
- Strong understanding of project risks in solar and storage, with the ability to message to internal and external shareholders
- Understanding of permitting agency requirements and constructability concerns for utility scale solar and storage projects
- Strong computing skills including MS Office Suite
- Effective communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to prepare both written and oral presentation materials of complex matters in a simplified manner
- Multitasking, dynamic, self-motivated individual able to work in groups or independently
- Ability to simultaneously support multiple development projects across multiple states and regions
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Flexibility and willingness to work on various initiatives simultaneously
- Supportive, resourceful, and willing to take on new tasks
Salary: 140 - 190K
If this position seems like a good fit for you, please contact Brian Dunleavy below