Up to £45,000
about 1 month ago
We are working with one of the truly global energy consultancies in the UK on their expansion of their analytical team. The consultancy supports large corporate clients to reduce their energy costs through effective procurement practices. The company prides itself in its holistic approach in what is a complex market space, thus allowing clients to focus on their core business whilst their energy costs are kept low.
This is a fast-paced and rewarding career opportunity that will suit someone who has a great analytical skillset and enjoys communicating with people at all levels.
The Markets, Trading and Risk Analyst role is a key position in the analytical business area. The primary responsibility of the role will be to provide technical, statistical and regulatory analysis on the commodity and energy markets to supplement the decision-making process when hedging individual client positions and/or aggregated positions via the power and gas portfolios. A detailed understanding and analysis of both the physical and financial markets is required.
The successful candidate will be expected to be fully conversant with the pricing, news, and analytical functionality of the market data platforms. A key component will be the provision of Technical Analysis to support the Fundamental Analysis currently done by the Markets, Trading and Risk team.
The ability to maintain and impart information clearly and on time is critical to the role, and will form part of the job holder’s KPIs.
- Analyse market data/information and write concise reports showing the main issues and potential outcomes that could impact trading and risk strategy.
- Perform technical and charting analysis of price trends using the appropriate tools – RSI, MACD, VBE, DMI, Bollinger brands, Fibonacci retracements.
- Create and present market updates for, weekly internal market meetings, regular customer meetings, quarterly governance panel, bi-annual customer forums and newsletters.
- Provide forecasting for oil, gas, power and carbon in the UK and European Energy Markets.
- Develop and maintain trading benchmark methodologies to measure performance of trading risk and hedging strategies.
- Responsible for the provision of timely analysis to enable effective execution, purchase/sale of energy.
- Ensure all system linked price trigger levels are maintained and kept up to date for individual clients.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent (in a related subject such as Economics, Maths or Business Studies etc.).
- Experience/interests in supply/demand fundamental information for: LNG, Natural Gas, Crude Oil, Shipping, FX, Power, Coal, Renewables and Carbon.
- Proficiency in financial and/or statistical modelling.
- Clear, concise and confident communication skills, both orally and written
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel & VBA, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- The ability to undertake tasks to a high level of accuracy.
- Good organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Excellent numerical aptitude.
- Logical and methodical thinking.
- Excellent teamwork abilities.