Up to £50,000 basic
about 2 years ago
The Generation Department manages the design and construction of portfolio of solar parks, AD plants and any other construction related activities which they want to undertake. The construction project manager is a key role within this team, you will ensure the civil engineering and electrical design for each location is progressed, assess potential sites, identify and check site access requirements and other construction related issues, plan and co-ordinate the civil engineering and electrical contractors, drafting of contracts for stakeholders involved in the design and construction phase, manage the project build program from initial start on site to commissioning, ensuring the Project Plan is kept on time and proper communication is maintained.
You will be an experienced renewable energy project manager on the client side, with the ability and drive to work within a dynamic environment and able to adapt easily to whatever challenges we encounter.
- You will be accountable and responsible for the delivery of the project on time and on budget, management of the project contracts and contractors whilst identifying and notifying the development team of any potential construction issues early within the development phase.
- Regular reporting and updating to Head of Generation - highlighting risks, issues and impacts, incorporating suggested solutions.
- Conformity to all current regulations and standards required both during and following construction.
- Preparation of specification documentation to inform the works of external consultants and contractors including civil/structural engineers, geotechnical engineers and civil engineering contractors.
- Feasibility studies to highlight the engineering challenge associated with the construction of a variety of renewable energy projects including, wind, solar and battery storage
- Chairing of meetings with project stakeholders
- Assist the planning team with technical input. Assist in producing tenders and quote comparisons, monitoring and reporting of budgets.
- Some travel to sites required with an onsite presence approx 2-3 days per month during the construction phase of the projects.
- Ensure the Construction Team operates within ISO 14002
- Candidates should hold a higher education qualification in a relevant engineering discipline related to construction, civil or electrical engineering.
- Preparation of contract documentation.
- Proven project management and delivery skills
- Ability to work independently with remote management and take responsibility for project delivery.
- ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines without compromising safety or quality.
- Strong communication skills particularly verbal communication.
- Computing skills including MS office, MS project.
- Construction experience and fully conversant of CDM regulations 2015 and relevant Health & Safety practices.
- Full UK driving license needed.