about 1 month ago
Renewable Energy, Transactions Project Manager, Power Purchase Agreements & Origination
The Renewable Energy Transactions Project Manager will drive RFP process and execution of transactions for partners and direct buyers seeking renewable energy offtake agreements in both Europe and North America. You will take ownership in initiating process improvement and standardization across teams to ensure seamless transactions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Subject Matter Expertise (Renewable Energy Procurement) –Should be knowledgeable of deregulated energy market conditions in North America and/or Europe, have experience with corporate renewable energy procurement, and renewable energy development/financing fundamentals.
- Collaborate with Buyer Transactions Manager to understand project-specific and counter-party requirements.
- Influence/advise on defining procurement requirements for successful results
- Review projects development maturity – inform shortlist and finalist decisions
- Review VPPA Term sheets
- Transaction Project Management: Lead RFP processes for PPA transactions, manage project data quality and validation with platform users.
- Lead Energy RFPs, issuing and managing opportunities coordinate issuers and respondents through transaction lifecycle.
- Manage all communication around RFPs
- Quarterback transactions internally and externally
- Work closely with Developer Engagement team to coordinate outreach and drive developer participation
- Support RFPs issued by direct clients and Partners. The Manager will provide support to the Director by owning RFP processes end to end.
- Product Development, Process Development, and Collaboration – Work with Engagement, Engineering, Product, and Analytics to innovate process and product improvement.
- Support business development and product improvement projects
- Represent developer and transaction process perspective in software and product design
- Continuous improvement – Commit to continuous improvement best practices and identify Energy Marketplace product innovations to facilitate more streamlined energy RFPs for partner and direct buyers.
- General Transaction support – As a startup our team’s scope continues to evolve. As business needs shift you may be called upon to support different types of transaction operations.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor's degree from accredited college/university and relevant work experience in the renewable energy industry (2+ years of relevant experience) Master’s degree preferred.
- Worked in renewable energy, ideally on project development or origination
- Experience working in deregulated wholesale energy markets, e.g., PJM, ERCOT etc. familiarity with European energy markets is a plus
- Comfortable communicating on the phone and by email to external partners.
- Ability to think quick on their feet and make decisions