27 days ago
Project Manager, Pre-Construction
Reports to: Sr. Director of Construction and Engineering
Location: Hybrid with up to 50% travel primarily to projects across the state of New York
The Green Recruitment Company have been retained by a growing renewable power producer as they expand their power origination team. The business has an experienced leadership team and are backed by top tier institutional capital. Since kicking off a growth effort in the United States in late 2019, the team has generated an extensive development pipeline of wind, solar, and energy storage projects, and is looking to continue to build upon its recent successes. This is an excellent opportunity to join a firm truly at the forefront of the energy transition.
The Project Manager, Pre-construction will be responsible to manage the pre-construction preparation and design of new build and repower utility-scale renewable energy power generation plants. Through 2025 at least, this will focus on a portfolio of solar projects in the state of New York, with subsequent projects as per the company focus. This includes the design, layout, access, permitting, coordination, and contractor arrangement and selection for the entire project from development to handover to the execution team while providing technical and construction expertise.
- For our NY state solar portfolio, direct and oversee the pre-construction efforts and activities from development to EPC RFP and selection and hand over to the execution team.
- Coordinate the early stage site work (e.g., ALTA and topo surveys, geotech, etc.), engage and select consultants and Owner’s Engineering firms to advance the project to technical and physical readiness to proceed with execution upon hand over to execution team. This is generally in the form of final project layouts, transportation plans, civil and electrical designs to 30%, permits complete or started, real estate locked in, and the project generally ready for execution and project finance.
- Prepare tables and presentations to provide project status and set up for input from others to guide evaluation of various alternative layout, contractor, supply, and similar options.
- Prepare general contractor RFPs, follow up and compare bids, and lead initial negotiation of commercial and agreement terms. Present and solicit input and evaluation support from others throughout the process (development, finance, Engineering and Construction, and operations).
- Develop, with input from others, the entire project budget from construction financial closing through to term conversion financial closing. The execution team would then own the budget at handover.
- Assist in development of company standards and proper industry techniques to be utilized in execution of company projects.
- Work under deadlines in a fast-paced environment to design, plan, and coordinate all aspects of the pre-construction process from hiring consultants to working with engineers, vendors, landowners, and AHJs.
- Assist other company groups as relevant and/or as directed by the company.
- Familiarity with NYSERDA and NY State regulations and permits a plus