7 days ago
Charlie Wilkes Green
Project Manager – Onshore Wind – UK
My client are a global leading Owner and Operator of Renewable Energy assets. They are looking to build a Project Management function for their portfolio of Onshore Wind Farms.
Reporting to Program Manager, the Project Manager role is key to delivering the construction of an Onshore Wind Farm in line with the time/quality/financial targets of the Project Delivery function. The Project Manager will act as the company authority relative to front line project support and will be responsible for the technical and commercial performance of the project. Following evaluation, the suitable candidate will ensure amendments to ensure delivery in line with targets.
• Acting as the main interface during project construction – managing all stakeholders including landowners and the public.
• Ensure that all construction activities are carried out in line with safety standards and in line with all respected laws and legislation.
• You will be responsible for contractor management as well as attending and completing contractor workshops at periodic milestones, safe work observations and regular contractor reviews Coordinate and influence project activities to ensure that key milestones are met.
• Devising and monitoring performance targets for all contractors
• Using technology to optimise project specification and drive down the Cost of Energy.
• Responsibility for budgets and programmes
• Monitor and report on all project activities
• Manage and minimise on all project risks, ensuring management are in the loop regarding any significant developments.
• Ensure QA and approve on all technical contractor activities
• Manage the procurement process across all stages of the project in line with Company policy
• Contribute towards technical due diligence
• Masters or University degree in Engineering – preferably Mechanical or Electrical
• 10+ years of experience (and the successful management of) in the delivery of large scale onshore wind farms
• A track record in ensuring high standards of safety at construction sites
• Strong technical skillset across: turbine, mechanical, electrical and civil
• A strong ability to interpret key technical attributes in negotiating supply contracts.
• Ability to effectively dissolve project risks and appropriately mitigate