7 months ago
An exciting new role has arisen with an established international Renewable Energy Developer who are seeking a Project Development Manager to join their growing Australian operation.
This business develops solar and wind projects globally and they are seeking a renewable professional with 3+ years’ experience to expand on their current solar portfolio and initiate their wind portfolio in Australia.
The purpose of the Project Development Manager role is to join the Australia Business Development team in the development of projects from strategy, project identification, permitting and connection assessment, to contract negotiation, bid preparation, PPA procurement and negotiation.
As Project Development Manager you will:
· Work towards solar and wind project opportunities identification and assessments, regulatory feasibility and approvals
· Manage the development of wind and solar projects, with a focus on land securing, permitting and connection activities.
· Oversee relationships with project stakeholders, including developers, transmission service operators, local councils and suppliers.
· Procure and negotiate Power Purchase Agreement for projects.
· Support financial department on project finance activities.
· Coordinate with internal Technical, Financial, and Legal teams and other stakeholders to implement and accelerate all project related work leading to decision on investment as per internal procedures.
· Contribute to the development and implementation of short and longer term strategies for developing new renewable energy projects.
Areas of responsibility:
· 4 year’s + project development management experience in the renewable energy sector
· Experience in the development of solar and/or wind projects in Australia
· Previous experience in Land securing, permitting and connection processes within Australia
· Knowledge of Financial Close of Renewable Energy projects
· Knowledge and experience of PPA securing and negotiation for projects in renewable energy
· Flexibility to travel internationally when the need arises
· Australian energy regulations and framework and market landscape knowledge
· Strategic thinking, prioritization skills and able to plan and execute under defined procedures.
· Strong commercial acumen and analytical skills
· Good team working and team management skills