3 months ago
The role would likely be based in Canberra. You will be reporting to the Engineering and Development Manager, within an organization with a current relevant position in the Australian renewable energy market and with clear and compelling growth targets.
- Identify appropriate sites for renewable project development mainly in NSW, SA and VIC, according to a combination of given conditions such as good wind or solar resource, availability of land, absence of transmission network constrains, environment, planning, etc.
- Engage with different stakeholders (advisors, developers, consultants…) which might help in the project site identification
- Provide support during the Planning & Development Process of selected projects, involving dealings with specialised subconsultants to prepare Environmental Assessments and other studies supporting Planning/Development Applications for these.
- Regular contact with decision making Authorities including State Planning Departments, Councils, Road Authorities, etc., to facilitate and speed up the obtention of Planning Approvals and Construction Approvals for the renewable projects in the portfolio.
- Involvement in the preparation of the required documentation to support Connection Applications to the Grid, managing specialized consultants and meeting the required deadlines.
- Engagement with the Australian Energy Market Operator, Transmission Network Services Providers and other stakeholders involved in the Grid Connection process for renewable projects.
- Support during the review and negotiation of Connection Agreements.
- Manage tasks derived from land contracts, and negotiation of Land Contract Variations/Extensions or new contracts, with the support of external legal advisors
- Follow up and engagement in Community related activities and initiatives related to the wind farms projects.
- Management of subconsultants, advisors and services providers, including, but not limited to, preparation of scope of works, request for proposals, assessments and selection, according to internal procedures.
- Support in the processes of potential acquisitions of projects under development, fit for the company strategy for growth in Australia, participating in their identification, evaluation, due diligence, etc.
Qualifications & Experience
- Proven track record in the Renewable Energy Industry
- Proven understanding of Planning processes and requirements in NSW, SA and VIC, to obtain the required Planning Permits/Development Approvals for renewable energy Projects
- Proven understanding of Grid Connection processes for new renewable projects
- Desirable an Electrical Engineer, Planner or Renewable Energy Resource Specialist with previous experience in renewable energy projects development