Competitive depending on Experience
over 1 year ago
The applicant must have expertise in one or more of the following areas:
o Knowledge of PPA contracts, sovereign Guarantees and associated negotiation thereof.
o Technical understanding of the development of power plants either in wind, solar, or small hydro.
o Experience in negotiation of EPC and O&M contracts or grid knowledge.
o In-depth experience in land identification and environmental applications or bidding processes and
o Financial structuring of such projects with evidence of either working in securing equity or debt in a project.
o Experience in negotiating with various governmental stakeholders involved in the project lifecycle
3. Provide leadership while ensuring the project development aspects are delivered according to time and budget, with strong focus on financial returns.
4. Responsible for project budget, fatal flaw analysis, development to financial close.
• Must show relevant and in-depth experience in at least one area of the project development lifecycle
• Must have strong interest or exposure to the African renewables industry or African power sector, preferably in wind or solar technology, and specifically in greenfield development.
• Must be able to communicate (orally and written) in French and English. Tertiary education must include 1-2 years in French.
• MBA, Business, Finance, Electrical, Mechanical or Civil Engineering degree (or similar qualification combined with experience)
• Commercial experience is essential, ability to manage time effectively, strong project management skills.
• Strong negotiation and communication skills, must be able to work effectively in a team based environment.
• As a manager, the individual must be efficient in creating a positive work environment, promote collaborative and effective teamwork in a multicultural environment with colleagues, third party advisors, lenders, contractors and government officials.