3 months ago
The client is a private equity backed group of companies investing in solar, battery storage, property, waste to energy and complementary technologies, with a rapidly growing team of c.50 people. This role will be based just outside Cheltenham, with the group also having its main office in London. The existing team includes professionally qualified specialists within the planning, architectural, property, surveying, technical, legal and financial sectors.
The renewable energy part of the group has a long history of advisory, development, disposal, acquisition and financing of renewable energy projects, which has culminated in a solar PV fund of operational assets under management by the group.
Recently, the group has established as renewable energy consultancy to advise landowners and developers on the development of a substantial pipeline of renewables assets, primarily unsubsidised solar PV and battery storage. As such, an opportunity has arisen for an additional Senior Consultant to join the advisory team and play a key role in leading project management across a range of renewables development projects.
The successful candidate will take on existing projects sourced up to the point of heads of terms signed with stakeholders and, with the assistance of an in-house team featuring planning advisors and solicitors, drive the projects to completion. The workload will include:
- Accountability for day-to-day management of existing projects and driving them to completion;
- Budgetary responsibility;
- Negotiation with landowners and other key stakeholders;
- Optimising and driving planning applications;
- Planning and implementing an electricity cable route, starting from the point of receipt of a grid offer for a project, including finalising the legal agreements (easements/wayleaves) and the technical and financial planning;
- Managing optimisation and implementation of grid connections and technical project design with the help of internal and external expertise;
- Managing the finalisation of legal agreements, such as option agreements, leases, shareholder agreements and similar, working with internal and external lawyers;
- Review and prepare corporate/deal structures.
Outgoing, success driven and numerate individual educated at least to degree level, you will have gained at least 3 years’ experience in the project management/development of renewable energy technologies (or similar projects in another industry) and will be able to demonstrate a successful track record in closing these projects at interview. An understanding of the electricity grid/grid applications and knowledge of the renewables industry, property law and/or corporate finance are desirable.
You will benefit from a cohesive and successful team culture and the client can offer rapid advancement within the group as its growth continues.