New York City
Competitive Salary (DOE)
4 months ago
Power Marketing and Origination Lead
Reports to: Chief Commercial Officer
Location: New York City, Toronto or Vancouver (Canada). Or remote, preferably on East Coast.
The Green Recruitment Company have been retained by a growing renewable power producer (the “Company”) , as they expand their power origination team.
The business has an experienced leadership team and are backed by top tier institutional capital. The Company has grown an extensive development pipeline of wind, solar, and energy storage projects across North America. This is an excellent opportunity to join a firm truly at the forefront of the energy transition.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in power origination and contract negotiation, with a desire to be on the leading edge of offtake structuring through combining wind, solar, and energy storage technologies to create value for the company and more effectively serve customer needs.
Responsibilities in the role will include, but not be limited to:
- Lead all aspects of offtake origination and structuring for the Company’s wind, solar, and energy storage development portfolio
- Design and implement a strategy for the sourcing of new offtake arrangements for the Company’s in-house development pipeline, and oversee joint venture partner offtake origination
- Lead the negotiation and documentation of power purchase agreements and other offtake contracts from term sheets through execution
- Source, build, and maintain relationships with potential offtake customers, including corporates, retail aggregators, utilities, municipalities, electric co-ops, and commodity trading firms and banks
- Develop new contract structures to serve evolving customer needs, including the combination of different renewable power and storage technologies to supply firm and dispatchable clean power
- Manage the evaluation and submission of responses to RFPs, including the development of offer pricing and strategy, in close coordination with the project finance and development teams
- Secure all other relevant revenue streams for projects, including RECs, capacity, and ancillary services
- Research and maintain knowledge of emerging contract structures, ISO/RTO rules, power market fundamentals, and competitive intelligence on offtake pricing
- 5+ years of power origination experience, with a preference for direct experience within MISO
- Proven track record in originating, pricing, structuring, and negotiating power purchase agreements, hedges, and other offtake contracts for wind, solar, and/or energy storage facilities
- In-depth knowledge of US power markets, contract structures, and project development, and ability to identify and evaluate key issues and drivers of value related thereto
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to develop effective and concise presentation materials
- Must have legal authorization to work in the U.S. or Canada, as applicable
- Occasional travel may be required
If you are interested in learning more, please email Rory Chandler to organise a confidential discussion – firstname.lastname@example.org